Comprehensive Energy Audits & Energy Services
EMCOR Services Betlem provides real-world cost savings and energy reduction through stand-alone and ongoing energy services, helping clients accomplish successful outcomes through a practical process that allows for the quick identification, quantification, and implementation of energy-efficiency projects.
The stand-alone energy analysis services provided by Betlem include energy benchmarks, energy audits and ECMs, and FlexTech Studies.
An energy benchmark is the first step in determining the efficiency of a facility. It also provides customers with a unique “energy score,” which is based on the existing performance of the facility.
A benchmark report can be used to compare facilities of similar use—through an energy usage index (EUI)—allowing customers to rank different facilities they own, or compare with others in the industry.
The results of an energy benchmark study also provide information on potential savings opportunities.
Energy Audits and ECMs
An introductory-level energy audit, performed through an in-depth site visit and utility bill analysis, provides Betlem specialists with the information needed to asses a building’s performance and provide clients with a list of low- or no-cost energy conservation measures (ECMs).
For each ECM identified, Betlem energy experts calculate annual energy costs and utility savings, including implementation costs.
ECMs may include:
- Optimizing equipment schedules
- Lighting replacements
- Installing programmable thermostats
- Identifying equipment repairs needed to improve operations
- Identifying larger projects that may be recommended for further study
FlexTech Study (ASHRAE Level II & III)
A FlexTech Study is for customers who are interested in improving energy efficiency through capital improvement projects.
The study gives Betlem specialists a comprehensive understanding of a facility’s operations, major equipment, and energy-consumption factors, so they can provide clients with energy-saving opportunities.
For each energy improvement project that Betlem specialists and customers identify, a complete financial analysis is provided, including calculated annual savings, estimated or proposed implementation costs, and any available state and local utility incentives.
These metrics are used to find a simple payback period, cash flow analysis, net present value, and can include financing options if requested. FlexTech Study results are then presented to the customer, along with proposals to complete identified projects.
Continuous Monitoring and Ongoing Energy Services
Betlem’s continuous monitoring of a facility’s energy consumption, or energy-consuming equipment, includes the collection and analysis of building systems’ energy data and can provide customers with real-time energy information.
This information helps facilities specialists manage resource consumption and maintain optimal equipment performance.
The primary benefits of energy monitoring include:
- Energy Analytics quantifies and evaluates previously unknown information on building systems and operating parameters.
- Increased Awareness through interactive dashboards—for the exclusive use of facility personnel and/or for public displays, such as in-office monitors—can increase the information about energy awareness for facilities occupants and has been shown to positively affect the behavior of people resulting in reduced utility costs.
- Automated Notifications monitor energy use and systems operations in real time, adding the benefit of detecting errors or faults within a system. Customized alarms can be set to prevent inconsistent operations or overconsumption.
Energy Service Agreements (ESAs)
An ESA is a regularly scheduled review and evaluation of a facility’s energy consumption. It can include utility bill monitoring, annual or semiannual benchmarks, energy assessments, and/or energy audits.
The intent of an ESA is to help customers reduce energy costs or serve as measurement and verification of savings on previously installed energy projects.
Betlem’s highly trained experts can help reduce a facility’s energy use and enable savings. Contact Betlem today.